In this article we cover some of the best Credit card for frequent flyers in India be it for business, leisure or family trips.
For all the avid travelers travel credit cards are of great advantage in terms of rewards/miles, airline discount, vouchers or airport lounge access.
In Indian market, we have ample credit cards for frequent flyers in India offered by various banks providing travel privileges to make your travel easy and enjoyable.
However, we would like to highlight some of best credit cards for frequent flyers in India considering the reward rates (air miles), lounges access programs, annual fees and some other important parameters.
Best Credit Cards for Frequent Flyers in India
Citibank Premier Miles Card
Annual Fee: The annual fees for this card Rs 3000.If you have Citi priority account, you may get this card free.
Welcome Benefits: Spend Rs 1000 or more within 60 days of card issuance and you will get bonus points of 10,000 miles. This is quite lucrative.
- On booking flights & hotels through premiermile.co.in earn 10 miles for every Rs 100 spent
- On all airlines booking worldwide earn 10 miles for every Rs 100 spent
- For all other transaction earn 4 miles for every Rs 100 spent
- Benefit of transferring your citi miles to all the leading airline Frequent flier programs and leading chain hotels. Get 1 Frequent flier airline miles for transferring 2 citi miles
- Citi Miles are evergreen that never expires
- Earn 3000 miles on renewal of the card every year
Citibank has ties up with leading brands in all the categories to redeem your citi rewards/ miles through their online portal.
- – Goibibo
- – Indigo
- – Makemytrip
- – Yatra.com
For Travel Partners 100 Miles= Rs 45
For Entertainment Partners 100 Miles= Rs 45
For Utility Partners 100 Miles= Rs 45
For Retail Partners 100 Miles= Rs 30
For Fabindia 100 Miles= Rs 15
- Indian Oil
For Fuel Partners 100 Miles= Rs 30
Gift Voucher Partners
- Amazon Gift Card
- Flipkart Gift Card
For Gift voucher Partners 100 Miles= Rs 15
In addition, you have opportunity to redeem your miles from Citibank online product catalog.
With Citibank premier miles card you have opportunity to enjoy a complimentary lounge access in domestic airports in India.
For Citi Premier Miles Master Card- 6 complimentary visit per quarter in a calendar year
For Citi Premier Miles Visa signature Card- 8 complimentary visit per quarter in a calendar year
- Air accident insurance cover of Rs 1 crore
- 15% dining discount in more 1000 leading restaurant across the country
- Instant personal loan approval based on your credit history.
Click Here to apply for Citi bank credit card and earn referral bonus
American Express Platinum travel credit card
Annual Fee: The annual fee for first year is Rs 3500 plus taxes. From second year onward, the fee for the card is Rs 5000 plus taxes.
Welcome Benefit: Earn 5000 milestone rewards points redeemable for a travel voucher worth Rs 4000
- On spending Rs 1.9 Lakhs yearly you earn a travel vouchers worth Rs 7700
- On spending Rs 4 Lakhs yearly you earn a travel vouchers worth Rs 11000
- For every Rs 50 Spent you earn 1 membership reward point.
In case you are not interested for travel vouchers, you have an option to choose from over 600-redemption offer. The redemption value vary according to the item redeemed.
4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access (1 per quarter) in a year. Visits are complimentary for most of the airports in Tier 1 cities. For airports in Tier 2 cities, you have a privilege to get access at discount prices.
In addition, you can avail the complimentary membership for priority pass to have access to international airport lounges as an Amex travel cardholder.
- Upto 20% discount in some of the premium restaurant of India
- Discount on various insurance premiums
- Exclusive offers on bookings done through makemytrip.com
Click Here to apply for Amex credit card and earn referral bonus
HDFC Regalia Credit Card
Annual Fee: The first year membership fee for this card is Rs 2500+taxes.From second year onwards renewal fee is also Rs 2500+ taxes. However if your annual spending Rs 3 Lakh, you will get the waiver for the annual fee.
Also, for priority customers of HDFC this card is given free of cost.
Welcome Benefit: As welcome gesture, you earn 2500 rewards points on payment of membership fee.
- You get 4 rewards points for every Rs 150 spent
- On annual spend of Rs 8 Lakhs, you earn 15,000 reward points
- On annual spend of Rs 5 Lakhs, you earn 10,000 reward points
- Reward points are valid for 2 years from date of accumulation
- 1 reward point= 50 paisa on redemption
- Option to redeem rewards points at hdfcregalia.com for travel booking plus exciting gifts for the product catalog
- In addition, you can convert reward points into air miles of leading domestic and international airlines.
- One can avail upto 12 complimentary domestic airport lounge visits in a calendar year
- In addition, you are eligible for a complimentary priority pass membership. With this membership, you can avail 6 free access to International airport lounge in a calendar year covering over 1000+ airports globally.
Regalia card is one of the very few credit card in India, which offers the best airport lounge access both domestic as well international. It can be one of the best credit cards for frequent flyers in India.
Complimentary Club Vistara Silver Membership- As part of this membership you get priority check-in, additional baggage allowance and club vistara points on all vistara flights.
Complimentary Zomota Gold Membership– As part of this membership you are eligible to get one complimentary dish and upto two complimentary drinks at more than 4000 leading partner restaurant across India.
Air India SBI Signature Credit Card
Annual Fee- The first year membership fee for this card is Rs 4999.From second year onwards renewal fee is also Rs 4999.
Welcome Benefit- You get a whopping 20,000 reward points as welcome gesture.
- For every Rs 100 spent you earn 4 reward points
- On renewal of card, you get 5000 rewards point as anniversary gift.
- On spending of Rs 5 Lakh annually, you earn 20,000 reward points
- On spending of Rs 10 Lakh annually, you earn another 30,000 reward points
- On spending of Rs 20 Lakh annually, you earn another 50,000 reward points
- Earn 30 reward points for Rs 100 spent on booking tickets through air india website/application
- Option to convert reward points into Air India miles.
1 reward point=1 reward mile
- Access to visa enabled domestic airport lounges. One can avail 8 complimentary visits in a calendar year (2 per quarter).
- Complimentary lost card liability cover of Rs 1 lakh
- Fuel surcharge waiver
Axis Bank Miles and More World Credit Card
Annual Fee: The first year membership fee for this card is Rs 3500.From second year onwards, renewal fee is also Rs 3500.
Welcome Benefits: As welcome bonus, you get 5000 miles with this card.
- On spending Rs 200 you earn 4 miles
- On renewal of card, earn 3000 miles as renewal bonus
- No expiry of miles earned
Accumulated miles can be redeemed in various ways through miles and more (India) website.
Some of the options available are:
- Flight upgrade with Star alliance partner and other miles & more airline partners
- Use miles for booking in premium hotel and luxurious resorts
- Rent car using accumulated miles
- Redeem miles for shopping at our partner website
- Avail upto 4 complimentary visit per quarter in selected domestic airport lounges in India
- Avail upto 2 complimentary visit annually in all leading airports worldwide as a part of priority pass membership awarded with card at free of cost.
In a nutshell, above list card are some of the best credit cards for frequent flyers in India we have in the market.
However, if we need further drill down the best credit cards for frequent flyers in India among the listed above, I would recommend Citibank Premier miles and HDFC regalia as they provide maximum coverage in terms of features at minimum annual charges .
If you like this article on Best Credit Cards for Frequent Flyers in India then do share it on other social media platform for benefit of others.
Also in case of any doubts/queries, please drop us a message through comment box